Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Car won't start changed battery for the remote key. No the…

Customer Question
Car won't start changed...

Car won't start changed battery for the remote key

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

No the car drove fine yesterday.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

2006 GS 300

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your GS 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Jumpstart

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

A little erosion on the battery zero power nothing turns on

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Lexus
1/8/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 3 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have no electrical at all check and see if the battery cables are loose or corroded at or leading from the battery causing this fault here.If any issues are found with the cables this will need to be corrected to resolve this fault here.If this is or was checked already and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Hello Pete-
We checked the cable, looks good! There is a little corrosion in the positive side. What would be your next suggestions? Can we remove the key from the remote key to start the car? Is there a way to test if the battery is dead without towing the car to the shop?

Is this a push button start?

Do you have dome lights coming on at all with the door open?

It is a push button start. No lights at all when doors are open.

Do you have a test light or multi meter to test electrical at all?

No we don’t!

With no power at all this has to be either an issue with a battery cable connection at or leading from the battery itself to the fuse panel or an issue with the under hood fuse panel itself.In order to help find out what is causing this issue here, you will need a test light or multi meter to test the electrical signals.You have a black/blue large wire at the under hood fuse panel that runs from the battery.This wire should have at or near 12 volts DC at all times key on or off.You have a black wire leading from the ground to the engine block and this should be clean and tight.If you have these signals then the fault would have to be in the under hood fuse panel itself with damaged wiring or corrosion with the wiring or terminals under the fuse panel and the panel would need to be removed and inspected and repaired or removed and replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician