Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

I cant open the trunk. The fob wont work, the push button…

Customer Question
I cant open the...

I cant open the trunk

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?

The fob wont work , the push button wont work, the valet button wont work

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

2010

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have a flat and cant get to the spare

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Lexus
Answered in 1 day by:
1/9/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 6 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like a possible fault with the trunk latch itself.The trunk latch can fail internally mechanically or electronically causing this issue here with it needing to be replaced.Some models have a key cylinder that can be used to open it manually at the trunk.If your model does not have this then this will require a lock smith or repair facility to open it with their tools, unfortunately.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete