Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

I have a 2004 Lexus IS300. When I went to start it a couple…

Customer Question
I have a 2004 Lexus...
I have a 2004 Lexus IS300. When I went to start it a couple weeks ago it started fine and I was able to drive it around. When I turned off the vehicle I noticed that I had left the window open. I tried to turn the vehicle back on to close the window, but it would not start. The engine turns over, but the vehicle wont start. I bought a new battery, checked the fuses, and made sure it was not an issue with the key. I have door lights and can hear the beep when the door is open. No dash lights, gauges, or windows work. Any idea how to fix the issue?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Lexus
1/8/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 6 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Did this happened right after you replaced the battery?

No this happened before I replaced the battery. The car started and ran fine, but when I tried to restart it the vehicle would no longer start. I replaced the battery to see if that was the issue and I was still not able to start it. The vehicle is turning over, but I have no dash lights.

Is there any security light flashing on the dash?

Security light flashes, but goes out when the key is turned in the ignition.

Try using the key fob to close and open the doors twice then insert key in ignition and cycle on off 5 times within 5 seconds then try to start.