Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

Do you guys work today. I need a solution to lexus smart key…

Customer Question
Do you guys work...

Do you guys work today

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

I need a solution to lexus smart key ignition problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the key stripped or worn?

Smart keys dont worn

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your smart?

Its not smart its lexus

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I need an expert

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Its a flood damaged vehicle

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Lexus
1/8/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 1 month ago
Chris (aka - Moose)

I am sorry no one has responded yet. I know you must be thinking " I have been taken or this is a scam" Neither is the case. Sometimes there are more questions than we can get to and we just keep getting farther and farther behind. Sometimes what a customer asks, no experts online are confident their answer will be good enough. Is there any more information you can add to your concern or is there another concern you may have that we could answer instead?

Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, I have 3 Lexus RX 350 and Es 350 all has thesame problems, and I ve changed all the necessary modules, when I replace them , the ignition will come up and later will go off and never come back, is there any other module to be replaced ?apart from the smart key module , inner fuse box, steering column?

Are you getting any trouble codes from any modules?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No,

Sorry I do not believe I can help.

I will opt out

Lexus Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 1 month ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

do you still require assistance?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I was asleep as we are on different time zone

So rry for your wait, will be going out this evening and back latter to view your notes. In the mean time there are thee computers that share info through the can network . They are the key recognition . the body ECM and the main Ecu that controls engine management. If it was in water damage I would consider replacing them and also checking all the fuse-able links in the main fuse block under the hood. Check them very carefully with a meter so you know they supply voltage on both sides of the fuse. These are the large high ampere fuses that supply power to a large circuit If you require pictures or circuit diagrams let me know.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please I ll need them cause I can’t have the ignition on so I can program them

what year is your RX350 So I can send the right wiring diagram and fuse locations

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
2013

thanx for that info , I will need to get this info from our shop manuals at work so can you wait till tomorrow and I can send all this off to you through this sight. Let me know and I will do it for you tomorrow.

here are the locations of any important modules and ECU's that you need to focus on and comunication charts as well. If you need further help let me know, or please take the time to rate my service. Thank you.

4dadf62a-67b2-4020-90cc-...png4dadf62...png9f59ff36-e012-4b27-aad4-...png9f59ff3...png51705ba0-2aa1-4ef4-bd2d-...png51705ba...pngbbeae636-7459-44d6-bfec-...pngbbeae63...pngcda00673-6ebe-449a-a918-...pngcda0067...png266c7c44-4b76-4d37-9024-...png266c7c4...pngc362192b-f8e0-4fa1-aa4f-...pngc362192...png28413d79-d310-4df9-93fe-...png28413d7...png626660f7-084d-4a97-aedb-...png626660f...pnga6ce2a75-ddcc-4c7f-b974-...pnga6ce2a7...pngb8961e2d-99b1-46e3-b6e1-...pngb8961e2...png041b1e9a-5ce2-4b26-8bc4-...png041b1e9...png2e5bac52-1ed4-4b01-8d50-...png2e5bac5...png
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician