Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

2007 Lexus 460LS Radio no volume. The one that came with the…

Customer Question
2007 Lexus 460LS Radio...

2007 Lexus 460LS Radio no volume

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?

The one that came with the car

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '07 Lexus?

LS460L 2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

The only thing that I have tried so far is to replace the AMP fuse on the passanger side. Each time I put in a new fuse it blows

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes what else would you check?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Lexus
1/7/2018
Lexus Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

You don't have any sound because the amp is not operating. If it's fuse is blowing it is either due to high current draw from the amp failing, or there is a short to ground in the wiring between the fuse and amp.

What you'll want to do is unplug the amp and replace the fuse to see if it still blows. If it does not blow with the amp unplugged then the amp needs to be replaced.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.