Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

The other day is started and then immediately cut off. after…

Customer Question
The other day is...

The other day is started and then immediately cut off. after that nothing. Everything comes on and the light is green on the start button. If I let it sit for 24 hours it will start and immediately die and the whole process starts over.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Dashboard lights, gauges etc.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

2008 is 250

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your IS 250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am trying to fix it myself. I have tested the battery and that's about it. I cannot find any material on the internet that gives me any additional info.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Before all this started happening it was running fine. It sat from Saturday morning until sunday night which is when the ordeal began.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Lexus
1/6/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Is there a check engine light on?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
all the dash lights are on before the vehicle starts

ok after the lights are supposed to go off do any remain lit?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
they do not go off as the car does not start

ok so does the engine turn over at all or starter click what happens?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the other day it started and then immediately cut off. after that nothing. Everything comes on and the light is green on the start button. If I let it sit for 24 hours it will start and immediately die and the whole process starts over.

ok try to start and hold the accelerator to the floor, this may take a few times

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
when I dress the brake and push the start button the engine does not turn over. nothing happens. Does depressing the gas pedal reset something?

no that would have been good information when I asked the question earlier, ok so now we need to check power at the starter both big and small wires, do you have a voltmeter or test light ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I provided all that information up front and thought you would have received it before hand. No I do not have a test light or volt meter.

ok so this problem is electrical and we need to have those tools for the tests, is there anyway you can go buy one?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no sir

ok so I guess your getting it towed then?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I believe the issue is with the security system. I will have it towed to the dealership. Thank you

if the light is green on the button its not a security problem

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok thanks

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician