Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Trunk on 05 Lexus LS430 will not unlock. LS 430. Just

Customer Question
Trunk on 05 Lexus...

Trunk on 05 Lexus LS430 will not unlock

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '05 Lexus?

LS 430

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just happened today. Normally pull the trunk switch in interior, but nothing happened. Then approached the trunk and pressed "trunk" button on Key. Nothing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Lexus dealership checked my car yesterday for a possible trade-in. Could they have used a valet key to open trunk? I have been on internet and read a comment about a button in the glove compartment that would release trunk lock?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Lexus
1/6/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 6 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

did you check your glove box for such a switch?

No

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

check the glove box and center arm rest for switch

if there is no switch, then you have a failed trunk lock. it will need to be replaced.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

No button on glove compartment. Finally found key box (near trunk switch) and was able to unlock trunk. What was a $5 charge for your input turned out to be another $15 charge. Add was not clear about charge. Will not use this site again.