Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

I have a 2006 Lexus GS 300, and all of sudden, the fobs

Customer Question
Hi! I have a...

Hi! I have a 2006 Lexus GS 300, and all of sudden, the fobs won't open the doors. I went and replaced the batteries in both fobs, and they car still won't open. The emergency key unfortunately is blank, not sure why the dealership had a blank emergency key to begin with. I spoke with the dealership, and they're stumped. Have you heard of this problem before or have any advice?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Yes, I just replaced both batteries and had the locksmith make sure the new batteries worked.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your GS 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

We've tried clicking the fobs multiple times since this morning, and replaced the batteries, that's the extent of what we've done

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope thanks!

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Lexus
1/5/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 6 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

this would be caused by a flat battery, a blown central locking fuse, another central locking failure, or a failure of the remote receiver on the car.

all could be the cause, unfortunately there is no single cause

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.