Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

Spark plugs 1 & 6 are not fixing.I replaced the

Customer Question
Spark plugs 1 &...

Spark plugs 1 & 6 are not fixing.I replaced the igniter,coils,I h I loose power on start-up.what can it be?,2001 lexus gs300

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? When was the last time the plugs were changed?

This the time been change the has 49560miles,Ialso replaced the belt and water.this the frist maintance the has had.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your GS300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes,I relaced the igniter,new ignitions,wires&boots

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Lexus
1/5/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 1 month ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** would be happy to assist you with this.

Is the car currently setting misfire codes?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
P1300

Okay, P1300 is an igniter circuit fault code. Have you checked the voltage/ground signal at the igniter yet? If it is not powering up correctly it can cause this to happen, if the circuits are good and the problem persists than chances are the new igniter is faulty

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It was running fine went it came inn

Did it come in for maintenance and then start to misfire?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We change the igniter new one cost $386.00 I checked for grond , power I have both,I check power from the computer I have power want run!

Have you scoped the cam/crankshaft sensors to make sure they have proper signal?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That's ok I have lost money this job anyway I will send my to the dealer ship.Thanks anyway.sorry you can't help.

I am trying to help, but it seems you do not have the diagnostic resources available for this. Good luck at the dealership

Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician