Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

It wont start. it has power to it, a new battery but wont…

Customer Question
It wont start. it...

It wont start. it has power to it, a new battery but wont start. it acts like the theft system has it disabled. Its a 99 GS300. Any ideas? I put a new starter relay, new battery....

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

Alot but the engine is fine it was starting fine up until a week ago when it just stopped turning over. The lights flash like the alarm has it disabled. the alarm doesnt sound because the wire has been cut when it went off before. but the lights flash like its the alarm

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your GS300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Ive put a new battery and new starter relay. It started 2 times when i was messing with the old relay so i thought it could be bad, got a new one and it still is not turning over. There is nothing, just lights coming on

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My key is broken and ive read that could have something to do with it but it has been broken for 2 years and worked fine.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Lexus
1/6/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 3 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, do the following

open driver door and leave open. Turn key in the ignition to on position and leave. Disconnect the negative battery cable only for 1 minute. Reconnect. lights should flash for 1 minute and stop. Turn key off for 5 seconds and then crank engine

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager