Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

I crossed the battery terminals and now nothing will start.

Customer Question
I crossed the battery...

I crossed the battery terminals and now nothing will start. I'm sure that at the least I blew a fuse, but not sure which one.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?

I suppose - nothing was wrong until I tried to jump another vehicle.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

300 ES 2002

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet but internet search to see why it won't start -

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Lexus
1/4/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Ok so we need to check ALL the fuses in the underhood location higher than 30 amp, if you have a volt meter or test light this will help a lot