Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

I have an aftermarket remote starter and all it is doing is…

Customer Question
I have an aftermarket...

I have an aftermarket remote starter and all it is doing is turning the lights on and then it does not start the car. I cannot use my key to start the car and disconnecting the battery and reconnecting is not breaking the signal from the auto starter

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The remote starter always turns on the headlights and taillights before it tries to start the car

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2009 Lexus rx350

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried to disconnect the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that is is is it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Lexus
1/4/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Did both the issues with not being able to start with the key or remote start occur at the same time?

Let me know,thanks Pete

First hit fob to activate remote start. It did not start. But when remote start is activated it does not allow you to use your regular key. Tried anyway with no success. Disconnected the battery cable to try to disengage the remote start. But even that would not get it to deactivate.

Have you tried to lock and unlock the doors with the remote or key then see if it starts with the key then at all?