Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

I changed the battery and now the dash lights and gauges…

Customer Question
I changed the battery...

I changed the battery and now the dash lights and gauges don't work and the shifter won't move out of Park.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Yes, I checked all the fuses' but not the bulbs.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

2007 SC430

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had to replace the alternator and the battery. Did the work myself. What an amazing machine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When I finished. the car started fine, lights worked but no dash lights or gauges, and will not shift out of Park.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Lexus
1/4/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Do the brake lights work?

Were there any electrical arcs when you did the repairs