Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

My gx470 air suspension: release air and lowers on both

Customer Question
My gx470 air suspension...

My gx470 air suspension: release air and lowers on both driver and passenger side when I park. Soap testing found driver side a tiny leaking, passenger side fine. Wonder why both sides lowered down the same time? The gate valve or the control system has problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?

Nope the ride is ok

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

2007 gx470

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just diagnosing. Try to fix it myself if it's only the air bag

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It happens just sometimes, not always... that's why I'm wondering if it's just the electric control system has a problem

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Lexus
Answered in 1 day by:
1/5/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have a leak this can cause all sides to lower as pressure is lost as I have seen on some models in the past before.Also, the exhaust valve may be sticking open causing the release of air causing this issue here.If you have not had the fault codes checked/read out with a fully compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle this needs to be done.If any codes are set those codes will need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue here as I suspect at least one code will be set in the suspension system computer that will need to be diagnosed to help locate and repair this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete