Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

My es350 spare fob let the battery die. replaced battery…

Customer Question
Hi, my es350 spare...

Hi, my es350 spare fob let the battery die. replaced battery after a year and does not work.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you double-checked to make sure the positive and negative signs are lined up correctly?

Yes, also the lexus dealer replaced the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

2010 es 350

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ES yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, just replaced the battery. even with the battery from the fob that does work

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Lexus
1/3/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Since you have one fob that does work and the battery has been replaced. Odds of this being a programming issue is slim to none. This should point to your fob being faulty and needing to be replaced.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris