Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Working on a 2010 lexus rx350 the ac controls are not

Customer Question
working and the radio turns...
working on a 2010 lexus rx350 the ac controls are not working and the radio turns on but no sound in the speakers radio controls are working vol goes up and down on display but no song in the speakers it is pionier system i b believe
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Lexus
1/2/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 6 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Is the radio unit original factory installed or aftermarket?

It is factory installed

Thanx for that info Have you checked all the interior fuses on the driver's side yet? In the mean time I will look at our wiring diagrams to see if there is a common link to these issues. BRB'

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

Was anything done to this vehicle before this happened?

All the fuses are good on both fuse boxes under the hood and the kick panel
I just bought the car from auction have no idea if any repairs done before I have another rx350 same year and replaced the sterio amplifier with that and still no sound

The only thing that is common to both A/C and the sound or radio function is the radio unit itself. would a wiring diagram help you out?

radio unit is turning on fine cd is working the display is working AC not turning on at all you can send the wiring diagram ill try

I can do this but takes time and resources to do so . I will have to ask you to accept an service to do so. Please keep in mind you are protected under this sight's 100% satisfaction guarantee in the event your not completely happy. After you hit the accept button I will go to work and send those diagrams to you ASAP

You are only asking me questions with no help and you want me to pay more looks like a rip off

on the contrary , I just stated I have all the info you needed but that it takes and costs me money and time to process all this to send it to you and asked for you to accept a service that would allow me to do so. but if you think it's a rip off I will opt out and hope another can help you better.