Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Just parked my car in garage and heard some mechanical

Customer Question
Just parked my car...

Just parked my car in garage and heard some mechanical noises like cd switcher or something running. Went to try an start and got the multiple clicks and no start. Seats moved out of position, check AWD light came on, elctrical power seems to be there, but car will not start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the battery fully charged? Does the light stay on while you're driving?

Yes, fully charged

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

2011 rx350

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

This has happened in the past as well. Sometimes I can jump start with another car and it works. Other times it does not, but I was able to start later. It seems to be something electrical becuase a dead battery would show nothing working nad clock reset, etc. Trying to see if others have experienced this.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is this a free service?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Lexus
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/31/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

This service costs 20$ would you like to continue?

OK
I am not sure about this service and am waiting for answers

I dont think ill be able to help you ill open this up for the others to assist

Lexus Mechanic: EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician

Hi. I would not rule out your battery. Especially if you have had to jump start it recently. All it takes if for one weak or dead cell in the battery to cause intermittant no start issues. Enough voltage may be present to run accessory items, but not enough amps created to turn the starter.

You can take the battery to be load tested, or if it is in question, just replace it.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am a FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!