Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

Tachometer isn't working but speedo and other instruments…

Customer Question
Tachometer isn't working but...

Tachometer isn't working but speedo and other instruments working fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

2003 RX300

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Pulled cluster and everything looks intact

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I dont think so.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Lexus
12/30/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. If everything else, including the speedometer, works in this vehicle, then the issue is more than likely going to be the instrument cluster itself. The tachometer is an integral part of this component. Here, I am attaching the electrical circuits for the instrument cluster along with testing information for a non-functioning tachometer. This information will help you determine the issue. Although, I am leaning towards the cluster needing to be replaced.

.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Just as a reminder, if you have found this information helpful, please, do not forget to rate the service, as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thanks again.

Todd M
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician