Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

My battery was dead. And I replaced the battery, car didn’t…

Customer Question
My battery was dead...
My battery was dead . And I replaced the battery, car didn’t start but 4 hours later I tried and car started, but turn off after one minute and and later I try again and start for a few seconds and turned off, now don’t start at all.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Lexus
12/30/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Boxer54, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Boxer54
Boxer54, ASE Certified Technician
Thank you for trusting us with your questions. What is the year and mod3l of your lexus? Is it a smart key ignition?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is a 2007 Lexus IS 350 with smart start bottom
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No
I'm sorry, is it with or without smart key?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is with smart key
Ok. Do you have more than one key and are they both with you in the car when it won't start? If not, have you separated them at least 10 feet from the car and tried the other key? Do the wireless door lock functions work normally? When you enter the vehicle and step on the brake, what color is the light on the start button?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The wireless door entry is working , when I press the brake is green , with out pressing the brake is orange.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I only have one key
Making sure the light is green, what happens when you press the start button?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
when I press the brake is green
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the car only click but it doesn’t give the start
Do you hear the clicking inside the car or outside under the hood?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I here the click outside under the hood
Ok, your battery voltage is low. I understand the battery has been replaced but that could mean that the battery is bad off the shelf (I have seen it), or there is a draw from the car draining the battery. I recommend trying to jump start the car, and if that works take the battery to be charged fully and tested. If it is bad, you should be able to get a replacement from where you got the battery originally.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
you think is the battery?
Low voltage in the battery. Could be a bad battery, or a drain from the vehicle with the key off. Most likely it is the battery itself.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok
Thats the starting point, to charge and test the battery. IF that tests good, your starter will need to be diagnosed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thanks
Your welcome. If there is anything else, feel free to contact me about it.
Boxer54
Boxer54
Boxer54, ASE Certified Technician