Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

My battery was dead. And I replaced the battery, car didn’t…

Customer Question
My battery was dead...
My battery was dead . And I replaced the battery, car didn’t start but 4 hours later I tried and car started, but turn off after one minute and and later I try again and start for a few seconds and turned off, now don’t start at all.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Lexus
12/30/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Boxer54, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Boxer54
Boxer54, ASE Certified Technician
Thank you for trusting us with your questions. What is the year and mod3l of your lexus? Is it a smart key ignition?
It is a 2007 Lexus IS 350 with smart start bottom
No
I'm sorry, is it with or without smart key?
Is with smart key
Ok. Do you have more than one key and are they both with you in the car when it won't start? If not, have you separated them at least 10 feet from the car and tried the other key? Do the wireless door lock functions work normally? When you enter the vehicle and step on the brake, what color is the light on the start button?
The wireless door entry is working , when I press the brake is green , with out pressing the brake is orange.
I only have one key
Making sure the light is green, what happens when you press the start button?
when I press the brake is green
the car only click but it doesn’t give the start
Do you hear the clicking inside the car or outside under the hood?
I here the click outside under the hood
Ok, your battery voltage is low. I understand the battery has been replaced but that could mean that the battery is bad off the shelf (I have seen it), or there is a draw from the car draining the battery. I recommend trying to jump start the car, and if that works take the battery to be charged fully and tested. If it is bad, you should be able to get a replacement from where you got the battery originally.
you think is the battery?
Low voltage in the battery. Could be a bad battery, or a drain from the vehicle with the key off. Most likely it is the battery itself.
Ok
Thats the starting point, to charge and test the battery. IF that tests good, your starter will need to be diagnosed.
Ok thanks
Your welcome. If there is anything else, feel free to contact me about it.