Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

Wiper won' t work on low or high or intermit washer works…

Customer Question
Wiper won' t work...

Wiper won' t work on low or high or intermit washer works and wiper on wash works

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?

Can't find inside fuse panel

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

2007 lx470

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, been looking for fuses

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Lexus
12/30/2017
Lexus Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

I don't expect a blown fuse to be the case but you can check the 25a wiper fuse in the box at the right end of the dash.

If the fuse is good then odds are you have a bad wiper motor, but it could also be a wiring issue or the module that controls wiper operation. The next step would be to use an incandescent test light to check for power and ground at the wiper motor with it turned on, if there is power and ground but the motor doesn't run then it will need to be replaced.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician