Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

2005 Lexus SC430 I need to know how (if possible) do I check…

Customer Question
2005 Lexus SC430I need to...
2005 Lexus SC430I need to know how (if possible) do I check the automatic transmission fluid?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Lexus
12/29/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Here is a full tutorial on how to check the fluid

https://www.carcarekiosk.com/video/2005_Lexus_SC430_4.3L_V8/transmission_fluid/check_fluid_level

Shawn, I have a friend who owns the 2005 Lexus SC430. Her trans is making a really hard final down shift just before you come to a stop. It otherwise works perfect. Goes through all the gears perfect, even downshifts perfect until just before it comes to a stop. Then it's a pretty hard wham into the final gear. I just drove over to her house to check her trans fluid and I could not find a dip stick? There's a large cover over the top of the motor. Might you need to remove the cover to view the dip stick? The video you attached didn't mention that, but the car they showed in the video did not have the cover on it? I'm a pretty good mechanic (I just did a complete valve job on a 2004 Volvo V70R) but I often like to refer to the experts on things I've not worked on before. Any insight into this mystery dip stick would be helpful. Thank you***** *****

Should be on the right side of the engine under the oil dip stick where the fill tube is, its buried under there