Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Afs flashing the switch works but will not turn off. 07

Customer Question
Afs flashing the...

Afs flashing the switch works but will not turn off

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

07 lexus es 350

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ES yourself? What have you tried so far?

Friend had a tester everything looks great but i was thinking motor is bad turn lights on go up and down

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Afs switch

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That all

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Lexus
Answered in 2 days by:
12/31/2017
Lexus Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

The light is flashing because there has been a failure in the system and at least one fault code has set. There are several things that could be wrong and it will require some testing to determine exactly what has failed. The problem could definitely be one of the height adjusting motors, it could be a wiring issue, the height sensor on the rear suspension that the system uses to determine when to raise or lower the lights, or it could be the module itself.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a scan tool to see if the AFS module communicates, and if so to see what fault codes have set. Testing can be done from there based on the findings.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.