Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

2009 Lexus IS250 awd that has 200k miles on it well

Customer Question
Hi 2009 Lexus IS250 awd...
Hi 2009 Lexus IS250 awd that has 200k miles on it well maintained, just paid off & gave to my teen daughter. The check engine light and slip indicator light came on Xmas eve. She was driving on interstate, roads were wet. She said when it happened she then could not accelerate past 50 mph. The lights remain on. I did have a new alternator put on three months ago. I am a single mom now and afraid to go to Lexus dealership.
It closed at Oreilly auto parts as
(Is this even reliable diagnostics?)
P0305, P0306 cylinder 5& 6 misfire
C1424, C1241, C1201
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Lexus
12/28/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 6 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** would be happy to assist you with this.

The codes you are getting point to low battery voltage, and misfires. Did your daughter say if the battery light was on when the issues started? Since the alternator is still new I would recommend getting that and the battery tested to be sure both are performing. Oreileys will be able to test both free of charge

No battery light on. The battery was also replaced 4 months ago
Is it safe to drive? More damage?

As long as it is only those codes it can be driven, it just may not have full performance. If the misfire codes come back then it may be due for a tune up soon

how do we get check engine light and slip indicator light off?

You can either disconnect the battery for 10 minutes to reset them, or you can take it to the parts store and have them clear the codes for you