Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

The power left gate won’t open with remote or button on

Customer Question
Hi the power left...

Hi the power left gate won’t open with remote or button on driver dash

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on?

Just this morning.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

2009 Lexus lx570

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I’ve tried unlocking the doors and putting the car in park or while the car is off and the doors unlocked. Just getting a beeping sound

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That’s it thanks

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Lexus
12/24/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Dan, ASE Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Dan, ASE Master Technician
There is a switch inside the glove box that turns the trunk off. This is made for valet parking. Make sure that switch is on. Thanks
There isn’t a switch in the glove box. Just a button by my knee on driver side.
https://youtu.be/l7GB4uRQgrY
I understand exactly what you’re saying, but on the LX 570 there isn’t a switch in the glove box. It’s on the driver side, which I’ve pressed many times. I guess I’ll just have to take it into the dealer.

I will open this back up to others to chime in.

Lexus Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 6 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hello did you still need assistance?

I've tried the valet button, but I'm not getting any signal from the motor that it's trying to open or close the rear hatch. I've played with the "rear door pwr off" button a few times, but it doesn't work.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

if it isn't he valet swtich, check the wiring where it leaves the vehicle body and goes into the hatch for any fraying

if the wiring is good, check fuses, if no fuses are blown, it is most likely that the motor itself is simply bad and needs to be replaced.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.