Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

Reading your article on the windshield replacement and link…

Customer Question
Reading your article on...

Reading your article on the windshield replacement and link into the "body computer" I have these exact problems with my 2007 Lexus ES350. But there is no water leak into the driver side of the cabin that I can find? ANy other suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?

It only happens during a strong rain or automated car wash

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '07 Lexus?

ES350

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes fuses, removing the "body computer on the driver side and looking for corrosion.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

At this time I have not been able to shut the car off without disconnecting the battery. I have air dried the whole engine compartment and still no luck

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Lexus
12/21/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 2 months ago
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

You are referencing another post you read but we can not see that post. So I feel like I am not getting the full rundown here. Can you go into more detail on what is wrong, what you have noticed or found and done?

okay. I was referring the following post below and my response was to the recommendation on that post to remove and clean any water corrosion on wire on the interior driver side under dash ECU computer behind the fuse connections:
Here was the post I referred to:
My 2007 Lexus ES350 will not turn off for a while after it either rains or I wash it. I have supposedly gotten the problem fixed twice it works for a while after but then when it rains really hard the problem starts again. The first time the people replaced the temperature sensor, they stated that the fan would not turn off because the temperature sensor is defective. This worked for a month or two. The when it happened again another guy said that a computer was getting wet causing the car not to turn off after the rain but it would be ok once it dries. He put a sealant over the computer supposedly so that the water could not get in the computer. This actually worked for a while but again after only about a month the same problem is happening again. The only way for me to get my car to turn off is to unplug the battery after hours of my car being dry the problem goes away. Until the next rain or if I attempt to run it through the car wash. Please advise.
https://my-secure.justanswer.com/question/guest/e6b24712837f444685141936c3de35f0 Actual post

Is this a key or push button start?

push button

This is going to take me some time to work through these diagrams and figure out the way we should diagnose this. About to leave work, head home, will respond tonight.

okay - thank you

I have been reviewing the diagrams. I just do not believe this is something that can be diagnosed and addressed DIY. It takes a large understanding of wire diagrams and testing and scan tool usage. I will opt out.

Lexus Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 2 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

I agree with Moose on this one but have a question though, do you notice any moiture getting in the car after a rain? particularly under the dash at the sides? You may have to remove the front side kick panels to properly check this .

I will check back latter today to view your notes and reply.

lexpert
lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech