Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

I have a 2007 rx350. After my husband replaced a control…

Customer Question
I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 rx350. After my husband replaced a control panel, the rear door only opens manually.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '07 Lexus?

RX350

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything also, I'm not sure if this is related but the windshield wipers only work on the highest setting now.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?

I think we have but I'll have to doublecheck that. I would guess there's power since they will work on high.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. Thanks!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Lexus
12/20/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great. I would be happy to assist you with this today.

Which control panel was replaced before the issue became present?

It was the touch screen.

Okay then I doubt that caused the issues, unless the touch screen was not calibrated/programmed, if it was not programmed then it will inhibit certain features from receiving the proper signal