Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

The cable for the hood opening lever must have broken.

Customer Question
The cable for the...

The cable for the hood opening lever must have broken

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you hear a thunk when you pull the lever?

Nothing the cable disconnected from the pull tab in car. It pulls out to about 4 feet. Lexus es330. How do I open trunk?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

2005 es330

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. And so far I havent tried. The pull cord had problematic for some time. Now it doesnt do anything.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Lexus
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/19/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

You will need to go through the grille with tools to try and get the latch to release or to get the latch unbolted from the radiator support. If you know someone with an identical vehicle that would help to see live images of what you need to do to get the hood open.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris