Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

I have a 2007 es350 with the blinking AFS light. I replaced…

Customer Question
I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 es350 with the blinking AFS light. I replaced the bulbs and the AFS light started blinking. The on/off switch will stop the blinking for a few seconds and then it starts again. The rear sensor seems ok, nothing broken.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

AFS on dash and just blinks

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '07 Lexus?

ES350

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I have removed the rear sensor and put it back on. The lights will move right and left and do not bind. When the lights turn on they start at a low position and then raise to driving status.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Lexus
12/19/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 8 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This fault here can be due to a faulty AFS sensor or fault with the wiring in some cases.What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your model that can read all computers to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then help locate and repair this issue here.This has to be done to help locate the fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?