Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

Replaced three 12 sensors in my 94 SC400 but it still surges…

Customer Question
Replaced three 12 sensors...

Replaced three 12 sensors in my 94 SC400 but it still surges when at a stop

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

O2 sensors

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '12 Lexus?

Sc400

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

It is at a dealer. they replaced left and right bank sensors but problem of surging still exists. They cannot seem to solve the problem

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Lexus
12/16/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 2 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Was there any trouble codes and if so what were they. This will help wit h my answer.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

I do not have the various codes available. It has been determined that the mass air flow meter and sensor are defective and will be replaced.
Too tell you the truth I am not all that happy with your answer as it took you quite a while to respond to my initial questions and by the time you got back to me the answer was found by myself and the people currently working with the vehicle.

I'm not a magician and did ask for input which you did not supply so thanx for that.

lexpert
lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech