Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

My battery was dead and now that I recharged it I get the…

Customer Question
My battery was dead...

My battery was dead and now that I recharged it I get the check engine light and the notification of trac off

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

2013 rx350

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, this just started. It was driving just fine. I drove it three days ago, parked in the garage, and when I went to drive today, the battery was dead. I have a battery charger so I charged it up and thats when alll this started.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I know

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Lexus
12/11/2017
Lexus Mechanic: karrs2fix, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
karrs2fix
karrs2fix, ASE Certified Technician

The check engine light is on due to a computer system malfunction, If it is emissions related the computer system will disable the traction control system also. There are some parts stores and independent repair facilities that may do a courtesy scan of the computer system to let us know what the stored failure code information is. From there we can determine what the best diagnosis direction is, emissions related systems, charging system etc. There are so many failure code possibilities with multiple computer systems on your vehicle, that is the best place to start.

Where you able to have the computer systems scanned for stored failure code information?