Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

When you push the start button nothing happens battery died…

Customer Question
When you push the...

When you push the start button nothing happens battery died repalce the battery car started and shut right off after that dead

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

Check the battery the battery good

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

2011 lexus es350

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Check all the fuses they are fine only thing notice is on the fuse box inside half the box have no power tried another one and still the same thing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The key unlocks and lock the doors buit when you hit the push to start switch nothing happens

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Lexus
12/6/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

This means one of the fusible links in the main box under the hood is blown. I checked the wiring diagram and I can't determine which is blown though. I would remove and check any fuse over 40 amps. Any of them with the clear top, square or rectangular. Check them with a volt meter for resistance out of the fuse box. One of these is blown and causing the problem with no power to the fuse box. You might be able to tell by looking at them, but to be 100% sure, you need to check resistance.

i did check all the fuses the are good all the links has well the inside junction box fues is the ones with out power ign 10a
gauge 2 7.5amp no power but the 7.5 ac and 25a pwr have power

So you have 3 fuses in that box without power?

Can you double check the efi main fuse under the hood. The fuses that don't have power get their power from that fuse. Well actually through the IG2 relay. This should be activated to power up the fuses in question.

that side of the fuse box from the mtr15a htr to the ecu ig1 10amp no power

I guess I can't help you with this from here.

I will open it back up for the other experts.

Please don't rate or reply as it will lock it back to me.

Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician