Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Moose. Having the exact same issue as the guy describe. Can…

Customer Question
Hi, Moose. Having the exact...
Hi, Moose. Having the exact same issue as the guy describe. Can you help?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Lexus
12/6/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

We can not see the post you are referring to. So I do not know what concern you are trying to address?

Oh I’m sorry. Guy was working on a 2008 Lexus IS250. He replaced the ECU fue to a no check engine light/no communication issue. With donor ecu he had check engine light and communication, but when he tried to start vehicle, it briefly cranked and shut down. Again, no check engine/no communication. I’m having the same issue on a 2009 Lexus IS250. I know it’s not the ECU, something in the car is blocking somehow the ECU at the time of cranking. I couldn’t follow the thread anymore, so I don’t know if you guys figured it out, but I believe if you did, you can help me figure out my same issue.
I signed up and submitted payment. Hope you can help

Have you checked all the ECU power and ground wires to the ECU to confirm the ECU is powering up correct?

All grounds and powers are there. I too thought it was a loose ground.
Like I said, I can communicate fine with ecu, no codes there, but when I try to start vehicle, it’ll crank for a split second and then shut down, CEL and communication is lost after that first crank.
This is the link for your post. Might help you get a faster answer. I’m also getting B2281 in power source module, but I already replaced that and the neutral safety switch, and same thing
https://my-secure.justanswer.com/question/guest/72594801e6b542f284829e54cc5418da

For that other customer, them diagnosing this code 2281 with these steps https://www.dropbox.com/s/c3m2gyb1oi0gmu7/2281.pdf?dl=0 is what resolved the concern.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

I’ll give you 10 stars if you help me out on this one haha. I’ll follow your diagnosis tomorrow morning and let you know. Thanks for the prompt response
Question: do you know exactly what the other guy found/repaired/replaced to fix his issue? I already replaced ecu, neutral safety switch and power source module.

All I know is after I supplied that file his response was that fixed it. If you get stuck on these steps, let me know.

Ok. Thanks.

You are welcome

Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician