Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

I need to know how to check the oil in my 2001 Lexus rx300…

Customer Question
I need to know...

I need to know how to check the oil in my 2001 Lexus rx300

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Lexus. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No, thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Lexus
12/5/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Is this the engine oil you needing to check?

Okay thank you for that, to check the engine oil level pop and raise your engine hood and with the engine turned off , locate the dipstick on the left side of the engine (marked in yellow) and pull it out and read the level. There is a full mark as well as an add mark on the stick. If the level is in between the marks your fine, if its at the add mark, at one quart. See the link below for the dipstick location.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lgov8rmxy4fy7cj/dip%20stick%20Dec%205.pdf?dl=0

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.