Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

I have an 2015 RC350 and the door locks are not opening with…

Customer Question
I have an 2015 RC350...
I have an 2015 RC350 and the door locks are not opening with the remote key
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Lexus
12/6/2017
Lexus Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

If the power locks do work but there is no response when pressing the keyless entry buttons then the problem is most likely either the fob itself or a dead battery. The first thing you'll want to do is either test the battery with a voltmeter or replace it.

If you find the battery is good or replacing it doesn't help then the next step will be to test the fob to see if it is transmitting. If it is not yet the battery is good then it will need to be replaced. Most big chain parts stores such as Autozone will test fobs for free.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.