Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

My lexus rx270 (2013) was diagnosed some malfunction occurs…

Customer Question
My lexus rx270 (2013)...

My lexus rx270 (2013) was diagnosed some malfunction occurs in the radio receiver. The code appeared on the lexus diagnostic tool was identified as B15F9 (UART communication malfunction). Would you please help me understand what it is? And what should I do? Thanks. Regards, Januar.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

This trouble affects the clock and some buttons near the clock to function un stable, on and off.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Lexus
12/2/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago
Cesar Jimenez

hi im cesar and i will be helping you today. im reviewing your question now....

Lexus Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

This code indicates a failure in the radio and will require it to either be replaced or removed and sent out to an automotive radio/electronics repair facility for internal repair.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thanks for the reply. Can you narrow down? Do you know in particular which internal part of the radio that usually the culprit? Any idea the rough cost to repair it? Regards, Januar.

No internal repair parts or service information for internal radio repair is available because they aren't serviced in the field. The only way to know what is wrong or what it will cost to repair is to allow a radio repair facility to diagnose the problem and then give you an estimate to repair it.

Ok then, thanks a lot��

You're welcome!

Please remember to rate my performance before leaving the site as that is the only way I receive credit for helping you; a five star rating is greatly appreciated. Good luck with your vehicle!