Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

My 2010 Lexus 250h’s hybrid battery die while driving. I…

Customer Question
Hi, my 2010 Lexus...

Hi, my 2010 Lexus 250h’s hybrid battery die while driving. I didn’t even know it is possible. I did left the car on Park for a few minutes while I was waiting for my friend. Soon after we took off I notice the caution light is on and the car slows down. 5 mins later we were on the highway and the car just won’t go. On dashboard it says check hybrid something. I saw the battery was completely drained and I turn off the car. After a few mins I turn back on and I was able to get off the highway after forced to turn off the engine 2 more time. Now I am seeing the battery is half full and everything seem to be normal again. Does the battery supposed to be weak like this? Thank you.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the battery? And have you tested it with a voltmeter?

How can I check the voltmeter

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '10 Lexus?

250h

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

It just happened so I haven’t bring it to anyone yet

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Lexus
11/29/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to the battery itself or an issue with the battery charging system.What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your model to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault here.This has to be done in order to locate the cause of this issue as it may not be the battery it could be a sensor or another component needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete