Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Throttle body plate will not open, when i push the

accelerator with the ignition on...
Throttle body plate will not open, when i push the accelerator with the ignition on and in neutral
11/24/2017
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Will the car start, will the car idle?

Do you know if there are codes stored?

The car starts and idles, once it gets to operating temperature it idles rough and when i drive it i get codes p0172, p0175 and it overheats sometimes. I think the problem is the throttle body because it won't open when the engine is off, and ignition is on, or the ecu needs a software update

These symptoms are not a sign of throttle body issues.

Overheating, have you done a compression test to see if there is a head gasket failure, have you checked/tested the thermostat or replaced it, have you inspected the water pump, is the cooling fan working correct?

Your codes are for running to rich. On this model that is caused most of the time by high fuel pressure, clogged air filter, worn spark plugs, dirty MAF sensor.

Here are the tests for these codes. https://www.dropbox.com/s/b0enykwz3slzeyp/172.pdf?dl=0

If you need me to call, I will need your first name.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

I have replaced both head gaskets, water pump, thermostat, engine coolant temperature sensor, radiator intake manifold gaskets both upper and lower, maf sensor, fuel injectors, exhaust manifold gasket, air filter, spark plugs. The compression test on all cylinders are good. The cooling fans also work.

Did you go through all of the steps in the tests I sent?

Chris (aka - Moose)
Cary York
Phone call session started