Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Replaced the battery but it won’t start. All lights are on.

Customer Question
Replaced the battery but...

Replaced the battery but it won’t start. All lights are on. Is there a reset?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

All inside and headlights. Seems to have power but won’t turn over

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

2013 SI 350c

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, just installed battery. Haven’t done anything else

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Lexus
11/23/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

So what your saying is the engine is not cranking at all when you try to start the engine?

sir
I am not at the vehicle. I’m attempting to help my elderly father who is the owner and changed the battery out. He has changed many batteries but never on a Lexus.

Ok usually if it were an alarm system or immobilizer it would crank but not start , but in your case it is not cranking right now . If this is the case was this the problem before he replaced the battery?

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

The battery was definitely dead, he had it tested. The original issue was definitely the battery. I’m afraid he may have blown a fuse during installation, is that possibility?
Also, courious if there Is a required reset? Or any other possibilities?

as I said before it may need the immobilizer to be reset if it don't start but right now it's not cranking so lets get that working first.Yes if hooked up the wrong way it would blow one or more fuseable links. these are the high ampere ones that supply power to a large circuit' Usually the ALT one

How do you reset the immobilizer?

I will send that info off tomorrow as I have to access our files.

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician