Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

After driving on the highway with 65 the check system light…

Customer Question
Hi, after driving on...

Hi, after driving on the highway with 65 the check system light starts flashing then keeps on. After parking the car for a while and start driving happens the same. It happened 3 times in 24 hours. What the problem can be

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

It is the same light that turns on if you have a low tire but is also displays check system. Yes, the light start blinking first then stays steady on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '65 Lexus?

IS350 year 2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I haven't tried anything yet. I really don't know what to do

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It happens suddenly while driving

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Lexus
11/22/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

The check engine light flashing means the computer has detected an ignition misfire is occurring. A scan tool will be needed to see which codes are stored and which cylinders are affected. The likely issue here is an ignition coil that is weak and not working optimum.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

When the car sits for a few hours and I turn it on and start driving all looks normal for about 30min then the check system comes on again

Thanks for the extra details. Once you can get a scan tool connected. We will then know much more on the exact repairs needed.