Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

Replaced the vgrs now the steering is stiff. Its at a lexus

Customer Question
Replaced the vgrs now the...
Replaced the vgrs now the steering is stiff
JA: Have you checked the fluids?
Customer: yes its at a lexus dealer they can not find a problem
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: 2006 lx 470
JA: Are you fixing your LX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no its at a lexus dealer
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Lexus
11/21/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 21 days ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

could you please give me a complete description of what is happening with you vehicle so I can start to analyze it.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I had the VGRS unit replaced now the steering is stiff
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
I had the VGRS unit replaced now the steering is stiff.
Lexus Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 19 days ago

was the steering stiff before this and that is why they tried the VGRS?

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
the steering was fine the VGRS was replaced because the dash lights were on and a fault code said the unit was bad.

Was the job done in a shop?

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
are you kidding me I done
Lexus Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 16 days ago

have you got a shop scanner as this is not just a plug and play the ECM has to recognize it

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician