Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

Lexus 2001 where is located tail lamp failure

Customer Question
JA: Okay, I'll connect you...
lexus 2001 where is located tail lamp failure
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Lexus IS. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Lexus
11/20/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 24 days ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

What model Lexus? Thanks.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
LS-430
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
SL-430

I do not see a tail lamp failure sensor on this vehicle, what is the problem you are having?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
STEP ON THE BRAKE LIGHT FAILURE TURNS ON AND STAY ON

Have you checked to see if any of the bulbs are burned out?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
PUT NEW LIVE BULBS
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
PUT NEW LIGHT BULBS

A​re you using 168 bulbs ? This is almost always caused by a burned out bulb or incorrect bulbs. I would recommend checking all bulbs in tail light and make sure the small bulsb are 168.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I GAREIT FROM THE DEALER

If you are sure all of the bulbs are correct and working then next most likely problem would be with a socket or wiring, least likely cause is the lighting control unit which is also a expensive part. I think letting a shop figure it out might be next option unless you are comfortable testing wiring.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
WE PUT NEW CONTROL UNIT

Then that would even prove more that problem is wiring, bulb socket, or bulb.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
YOU DONT NO THANKS

You need to test to know....Check resistance of wiring between control unit and bulbs or load test bulbs. Things are going to get a little more complicated now which is why I recommended having a shop do repair.

Lexus Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 17 days ago

Ever get problem figured out? Please do not forget to rate answer. Thanks.

Dan, Technician