Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

I have a 2002 sc430. the gps seems to be functioning

Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a 2002 sc430. the gps seems to be functioning normally except there is no map data on screen, just the "cursor"

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '02 Lexus?

Sc430

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and looking onto seeing if it's something I can do

The screen has the white background but only the cursor appears. All the buttons seem to work. When I pop out the dvd it shows the no dvd on screen. no change when I reinsert the dvd.
Answered in 1 day by:
11/21/2017
Shawn Few

Hey ,how are you
I seen That your post been sitting for a long time without an answer ,I 'm sorry for your long wait without getting an answer till now
I will try to help you on this issue if you have not gotten it resolved yet
Please Let Me Know
Thank You

Thanks for the reply. My screen now shows map data but the location information is wrong. It does not show where I am nor does it show correctly while driving. Completely useless.

you need to have the software updated, you can buy from dealer or online ,even ebay wil have some just update the software in it to the latest

Shawn Few
OK thanks. will follow through.

thank you for rating , u welcome

I see gen 4 gen 5 gen 2 gen 3 etc. do I need a specific gen? or will any gen and "U" version work? thanks.
ok ordered. I hope it works to fix the issue. I'll let you know. won't receive until next week sometime.

ok sounds good ,keep me updated

OK made the dvd swap. When the dvd works(explained below) the location is still off on the screen. totally useless. Maybe the gps antenna went bad? If so, looking to replace the gps system with garmin 7" RV 760 LMT. Need to check that out as opposed to fixing an old factory gps. With regards ***** ***** dvd, most of the time the system indicates "no disk installed". So, have to eject & reload and most times that doesn't work either. You are up to speed on my situation. Thanks.