Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

It is running a bit rough, has Check AWD System did Trac Off…

It is running a...

It is running a bit rough, has Check AWD System did Trac Off message along with the check engine light

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Check engine light blinks

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

2013 Lexus RX350

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not tried anything

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

What is this service?

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/18/2017
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Does the engine light stay solid or flash?

Flash

Does it run rough as soon as you start up?

A bit.....it isn't real bad, but feels like short hesitations when driving
Almost difficult to notice
The car had sat for a few weeks

Roughly how many miles are on the vehicle?

130K

When was the last time spark plugs were replaced?

Not sure they have been

Do you smell any unusual smell from the exhaust or any unsual noise from engine?

Let me check
No
I was wrong....check engine light is solid
Another correction.....it started blinking once I starting driving....I came to a stop and it continues to blink. It was solid when I started it up....

Sorry about the wait. The symoptom you are experiencing can be caused by a misfire usually due to faulty spark plugs or ignition coil. Do you have a way to scan the check engine light codes, if not you can get it scanned from auto part stroe for free. That will give you an idea which cylinder is misfiring.

Do you have any other questions?

I will do that... thank you

You're welcome and good luck with your vehicle. Let me know if any questions and please don’t forget to rate my performance in the upper left corner otherwise i don’t get compensated. Thank you and have a blessed day.

Gunvir Singh

Please read this:

Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.

1. I am an independent auto mechanic and do not work at or for Just Answer.

2. When you're pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me .

3. I only get credit for my work from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer