Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Tire pressure light stays on after all five have been

Customer Question
Tire pressure light stays...

Tire pressure light stays on after all five have been equaled

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked your tire pressure? Do you have a tire gauge?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

2009 es 250

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ES 250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nor 250//350

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How to to preee reset

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Lexus
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/15/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Edward, Service Technician replied 9 months ago
Edward
Edward, Service Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Have you ever replaced the valve stems in the wheels? Batteries tend to go bad in the about now. There is a sensor in each valve stem in the wheels that have batteries in them, that is probably what is going on

Tires were over inflated reduced pressure to 30 psi. Light still on.

Alright, Let me look into some things on my end. Give me just a few minutes. Thank you.

Do you have the owners manual to that vehicle by chance? if so, have you looked at the tire inflation pressure sensor re-initialization steps yet? thank you.

my manuel is for rx 350
all system working ok had low pres light. spare tire low'' side wall pres 40 psi, aired all to 40 psi//light still on..decal on door post said 30 psi reduced all to 30 psi still on, do the info rx apply for ex model

The ES model should have a switch that looks like the picture I uploaded. Did you see that picture ? thank you.

no switch on rt side , only sw on lt side is for stering wheel adj

Alright, If all 5 have been adjusted and are correct around 32 psi. The you likely have a battery going bad in the valve stem sensor. They are lithium batteries and last a good while but they don't last forever. I would recommend a tire shop to replace the valve stems and that should fix it. let us know if you have any further questions. Thank you.

wheel and tires were replaced 4 yrs ago

I follow you. Let me opt out then and see if another expert has another suggestion. Thank you!

ok
Lexus Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

ok what are the tires max psi rating?