Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

I have 2012 Lexus ES and two key fobs, neither of which

Customer Question
I have 2012 Lexus...

I have 2012 Lexus ES and two key fobs, neither of which work. One is fairly new (purchased about 5 months ago and never actually used. The other one I changed the battery. Neither on will lock/unlock the doors remotely and neither will start the car. I tried depressing the brake and touching the fob Lexus logo to the start button and then pushing the start button, but it doesn't work. Is there some way to reprogram the connectivity without having to have it towed to the dealership? Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ES yourself? What have you tried so far?

See above

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't know what other info he might need.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Lexus
cAN A LOCKSMITH RE-SYNC/PROGRAM THE KEY FOBS? THE SECOND KEY I PURSCHASED FROM A LOCKSMITH
11/16/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 5 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

were these fobs ever programed into the ECU ?

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

I believe they were. The first one came with the car, which I purchased used. The second one I purchased from a locksmith who had sent away for the specific fob and then programmed it.
Please respond quickly. I need to resolve this this morning. Thanks
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician