Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

I parked my lexus and wanted to drive it fews hours later,

Customer Question
it was not starting but...
I parked my lexus and wanted to drive it fews hours later, it was not starting but the music and A/C where on, but the dashboard did not bring any light
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Lexus
11/14/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

When you say not starting is the starter engaging and engine just not catching?

no the starter is respondinf well, it just start evey other thing in the vehicle will pick up but the dashboard light is still not on and the engine dosn't start

Ok have you checked fuel and spark yet? Are you getting a check engine light?

Is there a security light?

i called someon to help me check and the fuel and sparks are arligh.....someone came and was telling me that the memory of the car shut down.......but i dsiagreed, that why i have to inform you guys

so is there a check engine light or security light?

no

what fuel pressure were you getting? are the injectors firing?

if the car could not start, how do u know if the injectors are firing? nothing is working...it's just like a dead woood...it's so surprising that a car i drove feww hours ago, could not even start now

you can check the firing with a noid light, do you have one of these?

Someone brought his system to check what the problem is and from his understand he said that the car lost memory or there is an electrical problem that is not making the car to start normaly like there is partial contact

so what are they going to do to fix it

don't know, that's why i'm here

sounds like we are going to need a scanner to access the computer do you have one of these?