Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

All my lights went on my dash and says to Check Hybrid

Customer Question
All my lights went...

All my lights went on my dash and says to Check Hybrid System. Is this bad? Dealer who has worked on my car since ownership says it could be the hybrid battery or transmission. Sounds expensive.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

No, dealer says to bring it in tomorrow.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

2010 250 HS

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your HS yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I go to the dealer

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can a salvage LX battery work?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Lexus
11/12/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert replied 8 months ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Just because the light came on does not always mean the hybrid battery is faulty. In fact, hybrid battery failures are rather rare. A computer scan of the vehicle is the next step; I would be surprised if the hybrid battery is the problem.

If you have any questions, please reply. Please do confirm that you have received my input. Thanks.

Good to know. I have 130K miles on it. How long is a hybrid battery supposed to last?

I have Hybrid cars on the road with over 275,000 miles on the original battery

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer