Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Rx 350 VSC and check engine light turned on, tightened gas…

Customer Question
Rx 350 VSC and...

Rx 350 VSC and check engine light turned on, tightened gas cap and it turned off like for about 10 miles and is back on

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on do not see any blinking

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your RX?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RX yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just tightening the gas cap

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Lexus
11/11/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Marty, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, my name is***** is normal for the VSC light to turn on when the check engine light turns on. You will need to get the car connected to a diagnostic scan tool in order to read out and erase the fault codes in the engine control module to turn these lights off. If the lights come back on the fault codes will need to be diagnosed and repaired. If this relates to a loose gas cap it's possible that the lights will remain off once the codes are erased.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Lexus Mechanic: Marty, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago

Hi, just checking in. What did you find out on the Lexus? Do you need any more help with this?