Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

It starts and then shuts off immediately. I had the engine…

Customer Question
It starts and then...

It starts and then shuts off immediately. I had the engine changed due to an oil change station installing the wrong filter. After a while the check engine light came on with two codes. They indicated a vacuum leak and now it won't run

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Light stays on.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Station?

2002 GS300

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Station yourself? What have you tried so far?

Looked for disconnected, cut vacuum lines but nothing note

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

There was a severe lack of power when it was running.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Lexus
11/11/2017
Lexus Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 8 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

what are the 2 codes please?

I don't have them with me. I'd have to recheck the car.

ok, when you get them, please let me know. Thanks.

do you still need assistance? if not, a reply would have been nice. thank you.

I've taken the car to my local mechanic for repair. No I don't require any further assistance. Thanks.

no problem. thank you for letting me know