Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

No sound comes from my Lexus 2004 ls430 audio system.

Customer Question
Originally, only a faint sound...
No sound comes from my Lexus 2004 ls430 audio system. Originally, only a faint sound came from the speakers(?) and all my troubleshooting led to the amp being bad, so I sent it off for repair. I have reinstalled the repaired amp and it did not fix the problem, although the symptoms are different now (no sound at all, but thump/pop when turning ignition that makes me think amp is working).
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Lexus
Clarification: I have the Mark Levinson audio and navigation package.
Another symptom: the touchscreen beeps on the navigation system disappeared after removing the amp for repair (I assumed this was normal), but they did not return after reinstalling the repaired amp.
11/11/2017
Lexus Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are a handful of things that could be going on including a failure in the radio, wiring issues, loss of power or ground to the amp, or the amp itself. The amp is definitely the most likely cause and is still suspect. I've seen very poor results from most companies that claim to repair automotive modules.

What testing did you perform before sending the amp off?

Where did you send the amp to?

Are you able to test it's powers and grounds?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician